Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mushroom Challenge Update #3

Hey, everybody! I had a success in the mushroom challenge! I made delicious portobello mushroom burgers with chive and cream cheese spread served with tomato slices, raw onion slices, and mixed greens (red leaf lettuce, arugula, spinach, etc.) on a whole-wheat bun. I was focusing on trying to get it in my mouth while I ate the first half of the burger because I got this weird blue glue stuff put on my teeth at the orthodontist, so I really couldn't enjoy the tastes of the burger. Then, I cut it up into strips and ate it with a fork like my German relatives do, and I found that it was an amazing burger. A portobello mushroom burger is a burger that has a portobello mushroom cap as a patty. It sounds new and inventive, but it's more common than you'd think. The only inventive part about my burger was that I put cream cheese on it, which is something that most people would never imagine doing. So my part of the mushroom challenge has been a success! I think I'm going to end the mushroom challenge just because I have a lot of other things to do in the upcoming weeks.

I'm disappointed that no one joined the mushroom challenge. This was really a chance for you to get in the kitchen and explore with familiar, or unfamiliar, ingredients. I really don't want all of my readers to sit here and read about healthy cooking without doing anything. The best way to learn is by doing it yourself, and by using lots of different tactics to learn from. That's what I'm really trying to get at. This blog isn't just for me, it's for you. I'm writing about food, emailing people about food, creating hands-on opportunities for people to cook food, and I'll soon be making a video on how to make food. Please, just get your hands dirty and cook!

Everyone remembers last month's poll, right? Well, I'm filming a video with my friend Olivia to show everyone how to make Spanish potatoes! I'm filming on Friday, which probably means that the video will be up by Saturday or Sunday. Get ready to see me cooking in action!

Remember to email me if you have any questions about my blog, about developing recipes, or about food in general. You can also join my mailing list to get tips and tricks for cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment