Monday, December 27, 2010

How Christmas Dinner Actually Turned Out...

So, Christmas dinner kind of got split up into two parts instead of eating seven bajillion things al in one night. On Christmas Day, we made flank steak roulade, gruyere potatoes, and Christmas salad. The salad wasn't served in mushroom bowls because my cousin was there, and he hates mushrooms. The day after Christmas, my mom made a ham, and I made quinoa and peas. Here's the recipe for the quinoa:

Ingredients
1½ cups whole-grain quinoa
2 roma tomatoes, diced
¾ cup finely chopped chives
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 – 1½ tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pine nuts, to garnish

Preparation
1.      Boil 3 cups of water. Add quinoa and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 12 minutes, or until water has been absorbed by the quinoa.
2.      Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Mix well.
3.      Garnish with pine nuts. Serve.

Make sure you eat this no later than 20 minutes after it has been mixed together. We waited around 40, and the cheese flavor and texture that it added wasn't as prominent. It's better when it's warm and cheesy. Yummmmmmmmm.

We didn't make dessert. We just ate oatmeal raisin cookies and the stuff in our stockings. I might make dessert tonight... or tomorrow... or in 2011.... Well, I have to do it soon, because I won't be able to eat apples after I get my braces on in mid-January.

No comments:

Post a Comment