Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Menu

I'm so excited for Christmas! I get to make Christmas dinner. My menu includes:

Prime Rib Roast (my mom's making that one)
Portabello Mushroom Bowl Salad
Christmas Quinoa
Gruyere Potatoes
Peas of Yumminess
Cran-Apple Tart

The mushroom bowl salad sounds weird, I know. It's basically roasted portabello mushroom caps that become the "bowl" for the rest of the salad. The rest of the salad will have avocados, pomegranate seeds, spinach, walnuts, and a dressing with cranberry juice and walnut oil. Yum! The Christmas Quinoa will have green and red in it (bell peppers and chives). Gruyere Potatoes is basically a scalloped potatoes casserole that is much healthier that regular scalloped potatoes. Peas of Yumminess... I couldn't think of a name for that one. It's just peas, bell peppers, onions, and basil. And of course, olive oil and butter. Gotta have that stuff! Cran-Apple Tart will probably be another fail baking endeavor, but it's worth a shot. I will follow a pie crust recipe exactly for this one!

I'll let you people reading this know how my Christmas dinner went. Maybe you can make it on New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment