Saturday, December 15, 2012

Twelve Days of Cooking: Day 3

                  Hey! Today is the third day of the Twelve Days of Cooking! Today's post will be short, as I was running errands all day today and wasn't able to actually cook anything, but I did take a trip to Whole Foods.

                  I'm making apple-pear muffins for my Girl Scout meeting tomorrow. We're completing a journey - a series of activities that we're required to complete before we start our Gold Awards - about food, and everyone is supposed to bring a dish created with local ingredients. I found a tasty-looking recipe for apple-pear muffins in Eat Fresh Food by Rozanne Gold (one of my favorite cookbooks). Tonight, my friend and I are going to bake the muffins and then on Sunday I'll bring them to my meeting.

                  Whole Foods is a great place to find local ingredients. Not only did I find locally grown Gala apples and D'anjou pears on sale, but I found a bunch of other locally grown fruits and veggies. Among these were enormous golden beets and a beautiful vegetable that I had never heard of called a scarlet root. I saw others, but I can't remember what they were. Still, there were lots of interesting and delicious choices. The employees at Whole Foods are super nice and will be willing to give you samples, tell you about the local farms their produce is from and more.

                  I'm sorry that today's post wasn't especially exciting; I didn't have much time today to do anything interesting or post something worthwhile. Tomorrow, however, I'll post about the muffins and our Girl Scout meeting! Please subscribe to this blog, follow me on Twitter, subscribe to me on YouTube and email me! All my info is in the sidebar. Stay healthy and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment