Sunday, December 23, 2012

Twelve Days of Cooking: Day 11

             Hey! Today is the 11th day of the Twelve Days of Cooking! I don't have much to share about cooking, but I have lots to share about the holidays in general.

             Today my family did a lot of preparing for Christmas. We're hosting a Christmas Eve gathering for the extended family tomorrow, so we had to get lots done! My mom made ginger snaps and peppermint fudge, and tomorrow we're going to make German Christmas cookies and regular sugar cookies (hopefully). I wrapped a bajillion presents, and we're super close to being done with all of our wrapping! We did the very last of our holiday shopping today, too. Plus, we hung our stockings today!

             I'm hoping to post pictures of all of our holiday cookies and fudge tomorrow, but we'll see if I have time. While cookies aren't the healthiest thing in the world, it's Christmas so it doesn't really matter that much. We have permission to splurge!

            I found two really funny holiday videos that I thought I'd share. The first one is a Miranda Sings video. I LOVE Miranda Sings, although lots of people don't really understand it. Miranda Sings is a character portrayed by a comedian and singer named Colleen Ballinger. Miranda is a stuck up person who can't sing to save her life, can't pronounce anything correctly, wears way too much red lipstick and moves her eyebrows too often. I personally find her videos hilarious, but she's not everyone's cup of tea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCt19sdyJ-E

          The second video is one that my mom found on a friend's blog. It is a terribly painful (but hilarious) cover of "O Holy Night". It starts to get really bad around 1:16. I'm listening to it now as I type and I'm practically crying because it's so bad! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4woNRD7NQ

          Please subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Twitter, follow this blog and email me! All my information is in the sidebar. Stay healthy, happy holidays, and have a great Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment