Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Japanese Cuisine Experiment

Hey, everybody! A few days ago, I had an idea for a recipe. My mom and I were talking about sushi. I don't know why, but I'm afraid of eating raw seafood. Maybe watching an episode of Wife Swap where one of the families ate raw meat scared me too much. She told me that raw seafood is something that you build up a tolerance for. After that, I was thinking about how I could make a delicious dish with cooked salmon that had all of the flavors of traditional sushi. So, I decided to try a deconstructed sushi. I baked a salmon filet with ginger, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper. After it was cooked, I broke it down into little pieces. Then, I mixed it in with some fresh cucumbers, avocado, green onion, and bits of nori seaweed sheets. Combine that with white rice, rice wine vinegar and black sesame seeds and you have a delicious meal. Now, I'm starting to think that it's not a deconstructed sushi. It's more of a Japanese rice bowl. Here are some pictures:

All of my ingredients


The final product!
 I have a new feature on my blog: the question of the week! Each week, I'll have a cooking trivia question at the bottom of my blog. The first person to email me at tweenchef123@gmail.com with the correct answer will get acknowledgement on the blog. Hopefully, the question of the week will be a fun feature that will help you learn a little bit about the food that you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment