Friday, March 18, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

Hey, everybody! Today, I'm going to answer a question from an anonymous viewer. Their question was:
I can never find enough time to actually cook because of a busy schedule. Is there any really good meal that doesn't take too long to prepare? This is a great question to ask! I have a delicious and simple recipe for Chicken Parmesan. It doesn't have a whole bunch of vegetables in it like everything else I make, so I would serve it with a side of broccoli, green beans, or Italian salad.

Chicken Parmesan
Serves 6 - 8

I've eaten lots of Chicken Parmesan, and none of it has tasted as good as Rozanne Gold's recipe. Rozanne's is different than most; she doesn't encrust it with bread crumbs. When I formed my recipe, the last Chicken Parmesan I had eaten was Rozanne Gold's Chicken Parmesan. Naturally, I didn't put bread crumbs in mine either. Even though I don't use one of the most classic Chicken Parmesan ingredients, it still tastes delicious.

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 roma tomatoes, diced
2 tsp dried oregano
3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 mozzarella balls, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp olive oil

Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the chicken in a glass dish and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle on the oregano, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.

2. Place the diced tomatoes in the dish with the chicken. Make sure the tomatoes aren't all clumped in the same area; spread them around.

3. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and place mozzarella slices on top. Bake again until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit, and the mozzarella is melted. This should take about 2 - 4 minutes. Serve.

Each person should eat about 2/3 or 3/4 of a chicken breast. A few people will be stuck with two little chicken breast thirds or quarters on their plate, but oh well.

So, anonymous, I hope I answered your question! If you have any questions for me, comment on a post or email me asking me whatever you want to know. If you like my blog and you have a Google account or gmail account, you can follow my blog! If you don't have a Google or gmail account, then please join my mailing list or subscribe to my YouTube channel!

By the way, Mediterranean Pasta will be filmed next weekend! The next video (please vote on the poll to determine what I'm making) will be up a little early; around early-mid April. After, I'll put up a gluten-free dessert video at the end of April. Stay tuned for more cooking fun, and answer the question of the week if you already haven't!

2 comments:

  1. Every year heart disease plagues millions of Americans. Here are five specific cooking tips that can be implemented daily for a healthier heart.
    # Choose dairy products that are lower in fat for all recipes.
    # When using canned or jarred goods, look for low sodium.
    # Use higher sodium products sparingly. (Foods that are surprisingly high in salt: whole milk, ham, white bread, cheese, creamy salad dressing, sour cream, catsup, olives, pickles and condiments)
    # Substitute two egg whites for each whole egg.
    # Reduce fatty meats. Use meats labeled "loin" or "round". Use beans, veggies, soy, or legumes as the central focus of meals as they are high in protein as well and minimal in fat.

    Healthy cooking tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting. Although cheese can sometimes be high in salt content, it is still okay to use when you cook. If you buy cheese that comes from a trustworthy source and is made with all-natural ingredients, you can enjoy your food without guilt. My Chicken Parmesan recipe does not use very much cheese. There's a thin layer on each breast; just enough to create a layer of crunch. I have never cooked with ham, because I hate it, and whenever I make steak/beef stir fry, I use flank steak and I don't use much. Pork is always lean, all natural, and from the loin. I always look for low-sodium canned products, and I rarely ever use sour cream. My family buys white bread about once every three years. I cook with tofu a lot. I usually eat it about 2-3 times every two weeks.

    Again thanks for posting. Remember that everything is good in moderation. I'm not a person that immediately ridicules someone that uses butter in a recipe. As long as you know how much is healthy for you, then you can cook with healthy and fresh ingredients easily. My Chicken Parmesan recipe uses 4 breasts. That's a lot! Ad how much cheese? Not much.

    ReplyDelete