Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mushroom Challenge Update #1

So.... the results are in for the poll! Now, the number of votes I have is different than what my blog says... half of my votes disappeared, and then they all came back in different numbers. The votes that came back were from some 8th graders at my school. So, Spanish Potatoes is the winning recipe with a total of 5 votes. Coconut Curry Tofu came in a close second with 4, and Beef Stir Fry came in third with 3. Poor Red Pepper Bisque has 0 votes. I will post the video within the next three weeks, and the new poll for the March video is already up.

Now, for a mushroom challenge update. No one has emailed me or actually participated (that I know of), so please, eat some mushrooms! Whole Foods has a great mushroom selection, and I recommend you check it out. And what have I been doing? I've already got 2 recipes planned out: Enoki Mushroom Soup and Chanterelle Mushroom Salmon. I also want to make some portabello mushroom burgers, but I haven't typed up a recipe for that yet. The mushrooms will replace the beef patties. I went to PCC yesterday to see if they had enoki mushrooms, but unfortunately, only a small amount came in a package with 5 different types of mushrooms. I plan to go to Whole Foods next week and pick up some enoki mushrooms there. The chanterelle mushroom dish is going to be cooked on Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, I didn't see chanterelle mushrooms at PCC yesterday either. So maybe PCC isn't the best place to go for your mushroom challenge, but PCC is a Washington State store. So if you live in Malaysia (yes, I know you're out there!), then this shouldn't be a problem.

Remember to start researching mushrooms and experimenting with them! The only way you're really going to learn something about cooking is getting your hands dirty and experimenting. Although reading does help, the hands-on learning is the best way to learn how to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment