Thursday, January 10, 2013

HSH Reboot - Week 1

                 Hey! There's only one more week left of my Health Starts Here reboot. Part of me is really excited to be done, but I'm also not ready to let go of the HSH rules. Here's a list of my successes and challenges.

Successes:
Challenges:
  • School. and rehearsal When I took the 28-Day Challenge, it was summer and I didn't have to deal with packing a lunch or dinner. This time around, I have to pack a lunch AND a dinner to take to school; I pack a dinner because I need to eat before my rehearsals for Aladdin. These meals have to fit within the HSH guidelines. My mom and I find things to pack, but it's hard to pack something that has a lot of vegetables in it when you're in a hurry. Whenever I get home from rehearsal, I try to eat a bowl of frozen peas (which are DELICIOUS, by the way) to catch up on the servings of vegetables that I missed. However, I've been eating lots of fruit and whole grains.

                  My goals for this last week of the HSH Reboot are to meal plan, eat more vegetables, cook more of the HSH recipes, and create an HSH recipe that I can post here. Meal planning will help me pack interesting, vegetable-y foods for my lunch and dinner, and eating more vegetables will go along with this. I also plan to make some Peanut Butter Brownie Balls (http://www.fitfoodiefinds.com/2012/10/peanut-butter-brownie-balls.html). It isn't a recipe from Whole Foods, but it follows the rules and looks really delicious!


                 Please follow me on Twitter, follow this blog, subscribe to me on YouTube and like the new Facebook page! All of those links are in the sidebar. Stay healthy!

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment