Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chipotle

Hey, everybody! I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a long time - you'd think that because I'm not in school, I have time, but I haven't been using it to post. I was browsing on YouTube and a video caught my eye. It was posted by Chipotle. Chipotle is a fast Mexican restaurant, but it does fast-food in a sustainable way. By this, I mean that all the food at Chipotle is all-natural. Some of their produce is organic, and most is locally grown. All of the meat is, at the minimum, raised with no antibiotics or artificial growth hormones. They prefer to feed their customers animals that also are raised without confinement and are fed the diet that nature wants them to consume, but depending on the location of the restaurant, the animals at the restaurant are different (i.e. the cows in all California stores may be grass fed, but the ones in Oregon aren't grass fed because Oregon doesn't have grass-fed cows available for Chipotle's use. Remember that this example is hypothetical). Chipotle is one of my favorite fast lunch stops, and I feel good about supporting their business. Here's the link to the video they posted on YouTube - it's entitled "Back to the Start," and it depicts exactly how the food system got out of whack. It's like a 3 minute, animated version of Food, Inc. http://www.youtube.com/user/chipotle?v=aMfSGt6rHos&feature=pyv&ad=9074663106&kw=free%20music%20videos

Stay healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I have been addicted to youtube lately too! I get so many ideas! Thanks for another great video to watch.

    Shanan
    http://yogi-mommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete