Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Video and Article

Hey, everybody! I posted a new video yesterday all about eating organics. Here's the link to my YouTube channel, where you can watch the video and catch up on all the videos you haven't seen yet: http://youtube.com/user/tweenchef123

Yesterday, my dad emailed me the link to an article in the New York Times written by Mark Bittman. Mark Bittman has written several cookbooks about making simple, healthy foods. He also writes frequent articles for the New York Times about food. This week, he wrote one about why junk food isn't actually cheaper than normal food. In this article, he wants fast food lovers to convert to simple home-cooking. There are two extreme ends of the spectrum of eating: fast-food and junk food, and organics (which is where my family is). He doesn't want fast-food eaters to suddenly jump to organics, although they are ideal, because organics are not cost-effective. All he wants is to have people that eat fast-food start putting down the TV remote and make a cheap dinner. You can read all about Bittman's point of view here:

Thank you so much for watching my videos, reading my posts and supporting me! I would really appreciate it if you could spread the word on your facebook page, your Twitter account, or email all of your friends about it. I will be getting a Twitter account on my birthday (which is in four days) and my username will not be "tweenchef123" like always (I want it to be "MDchef_123"). So if you happen to hop onto Twitter on October 5th, it'd be great if you could start following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment