Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mexican Wedding Soup: Revised

Hey, everybody! I apologize for not posting... I've been a little lazy in the blogging world these past few days. Fortunately, my work in the kitchen has not been lazy at all. After I made Salmon Salad, I had Honey Mustard Chicken and Veggie Kabobs, a great recipe I picked up for free at Whole Foods. The next day, I had a Greek Salad. It wasn't really that special, so I won't post it here because it was so ordinary. The day after that, I revised Mexican Wedding Soup to fit my newly discovered sensitivity/intolerance/allergy (it hasn't been looked at by a doctor, but I'm seeing signs of the beginning of an allergy) to carrots. To make the meatballs moist, I used grated zucchini and squeezed the water out of it. Instead of diced carrots, I made it with diced yams. My parents loved it, but I wasn't so sure. There was just something off about it (for me), but my parents totally disagreed. Weird. If you want to try this recipe and tell me what you think and how I can improve it, please email me at tweenchef123@gmail.com asking for the recipe. Here's a photo.

Anything you think I can improve?
Please answer the newest poll! I want to work on making some sandwiches that kick Subway's butt, so please give me feedback! I'll most likely use my favorite bread: Dave's Killer Bread. It's locally produced in Oregon, has 5g of fiber per slice, 6g of protein per slice, 16 whole grains and 5 seeds. Not to mention, it's organic. Of course, these are the nutrition facts for the 21 Whole Grain variety. The Good Seed bread is great, too. If I don't use Dave's, I'll use Rudi's Multigrain. It looks like white bread, but it actually has organic oats and whole wheat. Yum. Now that you know what my favorite store-bought bread is, answer the poll and then go try some bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment