Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Time is Here!!!

What to do for Christmas dinner? Never fear... Madison is here!!! I have a great idea for a super delicious side. I haven't made it yet, but I will soon. I'm going to try it tonight, and you guys should try it within the next week and tell me what you think.

My mom has this recie for "Glorious Garlicky Greens" that I made a couple of nights ago. It's really good. I thought I might change it by adding lemon juice, shallots, and onions. Make a bed of it and put some sauteed chicken strips over it if you'd like. I haven't made this yet, but I'm going to make it for dinner tonight. It might be a total flop, but whatever. Anyway, we'll see how it goes!

Ingredients

1 large bunch of kale
1 tbsp fresh (or in a bottle, since it's winter right now) lemon juice
Lemon zest (if using a fresh lemon)
1/2 cup shallots, minced or diced
1/2 of a large onion, diced
8 garlic cloves, minced
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Preparation
1. In a large steamer pot, boil some water.
2. Add the kale. The pot will be really full! Once the kale is wilted and has changed to a more vibrant green color, turn off the stove. Do NOT let the kale turn olive green. It will be over cooked.
3. Drain the kale.
4. Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Sautee the garlic, onions, and shallots until the garlic looks carmelized and the onions begin to look transparent and start to carmelize.
5. Add the kale to the skillet. Stir until add the ingredients are mixed together. Add the lemon juice and the optional lemon zest and stir well. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

Let's hope this is a good one! Please comment on this recipe! If you make it within the next week or so, please rate it on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst, 10 being amazing). I would REALLY appreciate your feedback!

2 comments:

  1. I just finished eating it. Oh my God, was it good! I think it'd be great to eat with a beef roast on Christms. Most holiday foods are really rich, but this one has a very light and refreshing taste. Super good! My dad gave it rating of about 9 out of 10. Not to be pompous or anything, but I give it a 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really good! I think that I will make it very soon.

    ReplyDelete